All transactions processed by QCD are bound by our T&C's detailed below.
- We generally work 9am – 6pm. Mon-Fri
- Out of hours appointments are available and may attract a premium depending on time & distance.
- Phone Calls, If we are with a client, please leave a message, we never answer the phone when with a client. I hope you’ll appreciate this policy.
- Where a ‘per man day’ rate is offered, this is for 8 hours work.This could be 2 engineers working for 4 hours, or perhaps 4 man days, so 2 engineers for 2 days, etc. We will clarify with you directly.
- Our rates are distance based, we have domestic and business local rates and adapt these for clients further afield where travel time is fairly accommodated. Generally, we allow 30 min total travel time, subject to a minimum charge. Please ask, we aim to be fair.
- For clients further than 30 min travel time away, the minimum chargeable time on-site is 2 hours.
- Local constitutes the general area of Clevedon, Tickenham, Portishead and Nailsea.
- We will perform our service to the best of our ability at a time and location to be agreed between us. Sometimes appointments take longer than expected and we will spend more time with a client. We reserve the right to change your appointment time for any reason. We will notify you in advance if possible, but in any case, as soon as we are able to contact you informing you of a delay.
- Whilst we take every care whilst repairing equipment, due to the bonding processes used by manufacturers, screens and plastic parts may not fit back together exactly as new. We can’t control this and cannot be held liable for this. We do our best to minimise this risk.
- In the course of a repair, screen glass may crack due to released stress within the parts at no fault of our engineers. Screens are often glued and heat must be used to loosen the glue. We take every care and cannot be held responsible for glass damage or consequential loss.
- Data Loss: Quick Call Dave Ltd strongly advise all clients to backup their data themselves. Through no fault of anyones, a solid state drive or hard drive can fail and data loss occurs. We will not back up your data. This is your responsibility.
- Data Backup: Subject to clause 11, if you ask us to backup your data, we shall do so. We will charge for our labour and any storage device we have to use to contain your backup.
- Screen Coatings, some displays have visible coatings that wear over time. We always clean displays after a repair with a water based solution to remove fingers mark residue - this clean polished glass can on occasions make sceen coating wear appear more visible. This is not a fault with our repair, and in most cases the screen manufacturer does not consider this effect as a fault. It does not effect the usage of the product.
- The visibility of any repair, witness marks or slight abrasions to screen plastics, aluminum surrounds etc cannot be avoided in all cases due to the manufacturing process – some units are manufactured not to be dismantled, these marks will be minimised through skill and care, but some cannot be avoided.
- If a part cracks on disassembly, under section (1) or (2), parts used to repair may be from reclaimed assemblies and in a Grade-A condition.
- If a part cracks on disassembly, under section (1) or (2), we will contact you immediately to discuss cost implications.
- Grade-A means that although used, this part is in excellent condition for it's age and if there are any cosmetic blemishes, they will be very minor. Any blemishes outside of the display area will be minor. Any blemishes inside the display area will not be generally obvious when the display is in use, and will not impede fair usage of the display.
- Self-diagnosis: some of our clients self diagnose a fault, some purchasing their own parts and asking us to fit them. We will follow your instructions. Labour is payable in all the cases below, regardless of outcome. However, we only warrant our labour and cannot be held liable for:
- other pre-existing faults
- the parts supplied by the client are faulty
- no fault is found, the client diagnosis was wrong
- Good faith: All items are received for repair in good faith. Periodically we have received equipment for repair into our workshop where the client clearly knew other faults existed, or had attempted to self repair and had shorted a logic board of similar. We take photos of all work, before and after and our workshop is fitted with CCTV in the interests of fairness and oversight.
- Submitting a Unit to QCD for repair or upgrade constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- None of these terms absolve us from fulfilling our obligation to complete all repairs in a professional manner.
- Liability: please section on 'Consequential Loss'
- Domain Name Renewal
If a domain is not required, it is your responsibility to cancel the registration in sufficient time prior to invoicing.Once Nominet receive the renewal notice, generally on the date of our invoice, it is impossible to cancel the registration renewal and any invoice created will need to be paid.
We suggest you give 14 days notice to cancel prior to renewal date.
- Special Orders
Equipment ordered specifically against a client request, computers built to an agreed client specification or other special orders items - are non-refundable once a part order has been dispatched to us by our supplier and their costs will be invoiced and be due.
- Appointment Cancellation
Within 48 hours: We are generally fully booked on any day, efficiently routing our days travel between client locations. A late cancellation generally leaves us sitting in our car for the duration of your cancelled appointment and we lose money as a result.If you have booked an appointment, late cancellation charges may be applied.
The charge is 50% of the time booked within 48 hours notice. Half day or full day appointments are charged at the full rate. We don’t enjoy doing this, but we can’t afford to lose income either.
- Missed Appointments
If you are a no-show or not availble for an agreed appointment, the time booked to you will be invoiced.
- Parts ordered against an accepted estimate may incur a restocking fee of 10% – only if they can be returned to the supplier.If parts cannot be returned, the items will need to be paid for unless they can be easily sold onto another client at Quick Call Dave Ltd’s discretion.
- All charges are +vat
- We accept credit and debit cards
- Business clients are invoiced net 30 days
- Domestic clients are invoiced on completion and payment due immediately unless an alternative arrangement is in place
- Parts remain the property of Quick Call Dave Ltd until fully paid
- Where you the customer are a Business and you are purchasing services, hardware or software of any kind, you acknowledge that you are buying goods or services only for business purposes. As a business customer, purchases you make from us will not benefit from the statutatory protection available to consumers under the Consumer Rights Act 2015 and related legislation.
- All contractual agreements and disputes will be under the juristiction of the courts of England & Wales
- Liability, our maximum liability to you shall be limited to the cost of the services provided or product(s) purchased.
- Terms and conditions may change from time to time.
- Where we develop software for you, through skill and training we minimize bugs and errors, but they do happen from time to time. We endeavour to rectify once discovered as soon as practically possible to minimise the effects, you agree that we cannot be held liable for consequentially loss, howsoever caused.
- Intellectual Property (IP), where Quick Call Dave Ltd develop and write software for client’s, Quick Call Dave Ltd retain all IP and Copyright of the software developed unless explicitly included in the costs agreed.
- Where Quick Call Dave Ltd extend software already in use by the clients business, and the IP is owned by the client: any bug fixes, remediation of existing features in order to fix or extend is retained by the client on payment of agreed costs.
- Substantially altering software’s function and features, any IP introduced by Quick Call Dave Ltd is retained by Quick Call Dave Ltd unless explicitly agreed otherwise.
All phone calls are recordered for quality control.
Recordings are securely stored and erased on a regular cycle and only Dave has access to them (no staff members).
Dave is the company data controller and can be contacted using the contact form at the foot of our home page.
Under GDPR we require a lawful reason to record calls:
Clients often wonder how Dave, who is Dyslexic can run a successful IT Support company. Tech is not a problem for Dave, he is completely immersed in it - dyslexic individuals often have a strength which is way out there compared to a non dyslexic person. However, that strength is often balanced with the difficulty to carry out everyday tasks, that are memory related. Remembering to call someone, the details of a conversation, ordering a part on time - this is really tricky. It is through leveraging technology to overcome these relative difficulties, such as using shared calendars, spell checkers, a ticket system to log written communications, tickets having reminders and notifications, recording calls etc - all of these tools, used together, ensure that work is completed on time and to the specification and costs agreed.
We frequently have long discussions with clients regarding the costs for items of equipment, labour charges and deadlines. Verbal agreement of charges etc. Recording calls allows Dave to replay a conversation and make notes of what was agreed for the avoidance of a needless misunderstanding and ensure we deliver what was agreed at the price agreed.
Clients often remark that Dave is OCD - not QCD! The OCD traits stem from Dave's fear of forgetting things, and refusing to allow Dyslexia to hold him back, the OCD level of attention to note taking, tickets and scheduling - overcome his relative difficulties.
We believe that, on balance, reviews left for QCD online by clients, validate the lawful processes we use to solve our clients problems.
Thank you for your understanding.
QCD work with various suppliers, reselling these services to client of QCD. These services are hosted in the 'cloud' and QCD is unable to provide an SLA that it cannot have any control over.
From time to time, a service might become unavailable. QCD cannot be help accountable or financially responsible for a supplier outage, and clients accept that QCD is not liable for any consequential losses that may result following an outage beyond the control of QCD. Purchasing 'cloud' based services through QCD constitutes a clients acceptance of these reasonable terms.
QCD will however, once notified of an outage, determine within a reasonable time the cause of the outage and report this to a client. It may be that the clients hardware is faulty (physically or general configuration), and in this case QCD will attempt to remedy such issues if reasonably possible subject to any SLA agreed between QCD and the client. Any QCD response will be billable unless specifically included in any support contract.
Typically, Microsoft, 3CX and other suppliers offer a 99.9% uptime based on criteria supplied by each company.
Microsoft SLA: Visit Microsoft website to view their SLA
3CX SLA: Visit 3CX website to view their SLA
3CX Support SLA: Ticket Submission, 48 hours
Some clients would prefer to budget for annual support costs, but prefer not to pay for a full support contract. A 'retainer' may be the answer.
A 'retainer' is quite simply a best estimate agreed by both parties, of the number of hours support a client agrees to pay on a monthly basis. Some months a client may require more support, and other months they may require less. Neither QCD or the client will alter the agreement mid term, typically the 'retainer' is reviewed annually or 6 monthly as agreed between both parties.
Generally a 'retainer' does not include special project work. An example of this is would be that the client purchased some new equipment not anticipated and needed it configured, this would likely not be included in a 'retainer' unless this was specifically included by agreement.
Typically our Service Level Agreement for Tickets would be on a best endeavour basis. For stricter SLA's a service contract would be suggested.
The retainer mechanism is intended to be fair and reasonable to both parties.
Contact us and ask for details.
Neither Quick Call Dave Ltd or it's clients shall be liable to the other for any indirect or consequential loss (including but not limited to loss of goodwill, loss of business, loss of data, loss of connectivity, loss of anticipated profits or savings and all other pure economic loss) arising out of or in connection with any agreement. The maximum extent of any damages will be the cost of the goods or services provided in a particular package of work.
QCD Limited Terms of Service for 3CX Bundle Products
These Terms of Service are set out by QCD to cover Bundle Products (products with inclusive minutes) provided by QCD.
These are in addition to our Terms and Conditions.
- Calls to numbers beginning with 01, 02 & 03 and the mobile carriers, Vodafone, EE, 3, O2 (Telefonica) covered by charge codes fm1, fm2, fm3, fm4, fm5 and fm6 are inclusive in the Bundle tariff for calls delivered in the United Kingdom. Calls to redirect services, Wi Fi services (fw charge codes), Channel Islands and the Isle of Man are not included in any bundled minutes. Inclusive calls will not be charged where the customer adheres to these terms.
- The ratio of outbound to inbound calls does not exceed 75% of outbound calls to the total calls made and received on a customer’s bundle account.
- Call centers, automated dialer traffic, or other methods of automatous dialling are not permitted on Bundle Products.
- Any company found to be breaking the 25/75% rule, operating a call center or dialler equipment will be informed within 14 days of the end of the month that they will need to adhere to these terms. If no improvement to calling ratio is made or the failure to cease operating a call center or dialler equipment within 14 days of the breach being reported the customer will be moved to our standard hosted or SIP trunk product with calls charged at the channel partner agreed rates.
- Exceptions will apply:
- Awaiting number porting.
- Customer has been using the service for less than 4 weeks (to enable us to run a report).
- Calls per channel is very low.
- Exceptions will apply:
- We ask you to stick to the spirit of the scheme which is to provide non heavy use customers with inclusive minutes to specified destinations. The Fair Usage Policy, is applied so that Users who carry out normal inbound/outbound calling activity, based upon our average statistical analysis, will not be charged for any UK National (01,02,03) or UK Mainland Mobile (EE, Vodafone, O2, Three) minutes. QCD reserves the right to switch customers with excessive call volume or unusual calling patterns to a more appropriate tariff at any time. The customer will have the option to cancel the service at no cost if switching to a new tariff is not acceptable.
- QCD reserve the right at their discretion to allow the service to continue outside the items in section 4 and the right to terminate or move the service to standard hosted or SIP trunks if the service is deemed to being abused.
Charge Codes Included
UK MOBILE EE
UK MOBILE H3G
UK MOBILE O2
UK MOBILE ORANGE
UK MOBILE VODAFONE
UK MOBILE VODAFONE (CW)
Many of the modern smart systems have cloud based controllers. The Remote Monitoring and Maintenance (RMM) tools we use to manage domestic and business computers are connected to cloud controllers. These cloud controllers are essential to us being able to provide quality of service to our clients.
The information gathered on these controllers is governed by strict GDPR guidance and we control who can access such data at all times.
Typically information collated provides information to us on how a device performs, relays any error conditions, or handles feature updates in an automated manner.
Allowing us to install an RMM or a cloud based system such as a Ubiquiti wifi system, you explicitly give us permission to connect your system to our controllers in order to provide you a service.